How to Take a Bus From Hanoi to Halong Bay
One of the cheapest and most convenient ways to get from Hanoi to Halong bay is by public buses through the Hanoi-Hai Phong highway. These buses take about 2-2.5 hours and cost about 230,000 VND (~ 10 USD).
- If you take a cruise tour, it is best to arrange your transfer via the cruise operator - many will offer it for free.
- Public buses are available with hourly departure but not recommended as they will arrive at the Bai Chay terminal; you then need to take a taxi to Halong Bay main area.
- Many tour offices in Hanoi Old Quarter area can arrange "tourist bus" that picks up from hotel in Hanoi to the cruise pier or to hotel in Halong Bay for 10-20 USD.
Bus from My Dinh Bus Station
My Dinh bus station - One of the busiest bus stations in the west of Hanoi (Photo: Shutterstock)
|KumHo Viet Thanh (45 seater)||18:00 (My Dinh)||21:30 (Bai Chay Station)||100,000 VND (~4 USD)|
|KumHo Viet Thanh (45 seater)||06:00 (My Dinh)||09:30 (Bai Chay Station)||100,000 VND (~4 USD|
|KumHo Viet Thanh (45 seater)||15:00 (My Dinh)||17:30 (Bai Chay Station)||100,000 VND (~4 USD)|
|Ka Long Limousine VIP (44 Seater/Sleeper berth)||06:00 (My Dinh)||09:40 (Halong city)||150,000 VND (~6.5 USD|
|Ka Long Limousine VIP (44 Seater/Sleeper berth)||09:00 (My Dinh)||12:40 (Halong city||150,000 VND (~6.5 USD)|
How to book
- Tickets are available at My Dinh Station ticketing office. No advanced reservation is required.
- Ka Long Limousine VIP will stop at 433 Le Loi, Halong city.
- To book Kumho Viet Thanh, you can visit their website xevietthanh.vn or call 0243 5333 888.
- Ka Long bus website: kalong.com.vn, phone: 0367 988 889
Bus from Old Quarter Area (Hoan Kiem)
Hanoi Opera House (01 Trang Tien, Hoan Kiem Hanoi) Image: Shutterstock
If you live or stay in the Old Quarter area (Hoan Kiem district), you will find it easy to buy tickets or find a bus to Halong Bay. Below are some recommended buses and locations where you can buy tickets.
|Xe Luxury (KIA Sedona 6 seater)||05:30 (Tonkin Cafe, 18 Au Trieu, Hoan Kiem)||07:30 (Tuan Chau Wharf)||280,000 VND|
|Xe Luxury (KIA Sedona 6 seater)||06:30 (Tonkin Cafe, 18 Au Trieu, Hoan Kiem)||08:30 (Tuan Chau Wharf)||280,000 VND|
|Xe Luxury (Limousine 9 seater VIP)||08:20 (Tonkin Cafe, 18 Au Trieu, Hoan Kiem)||10:35 (Tuan Chau Wharf)||230,000 VND|
|An Long Happy Bus (40 seater, sleeper bus)||00:05 (Hanoi Opera House, 01 Trang Tien)||04:00 (Tuan Chau Wharf)||170,000 VND|
|Rosa Eco Bus (12 seater bus)||07:30 (23 Hang Voi, Hanoi)||11:10 (Tuan Chau Wharf)||300,000 VND|
|Luxury Van Limousine (9 seater Limousine, Ford Transit)||08:00 (16 Hang Chinh, Hoan Kiem)||12:00 (94 Van Lang - Ha Long city)||350,000 VND|
How to book:
- Xe Luxury: xeluxury.vn - (024)3991 23 23
- An Long Happy Bus: Facebook page - 082 252 2288
- Rosa Eco Bus: rosaecobus.com - +84941887868 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus from Noi Bai International Airport
Vietnam Airlines aircraft in Noi Bai International Airport
There are buses running from Noi Bai airport (domestic terminal) to Halong Bay.
|Cô Tô Limousine (9 seater Limousine)||04:01 (Pole 9, T1 Terminal at Noi Bai Airport)||07:11 (Tuan Chau Wharf)||450,000 VND|
|Cô Tô Limousine (9 seater Limousine)||08:00 (Pole 9, T1 Terminal at Noi Bai Airport)||11:00 (Tuan Chau Wharf)||450,000 VND|
|Cô Tô Limousine (9 seater Limousine)||11:00 (Pole 9, T1 Terminal at Noi Bai Airport)||14:10 (Tuan Chau Wharf)||450,000 VND|
|Minh Hà Limousine (9 seater Limousine)||13:00 (A Hall, T1 Terminal at Noi Bai Airport)||16:00 (Halong city)||300,000 VND|
|Tâm Bảo Anh Limousine (9 seater Limousine)||05:00 (T1 Terminal at Noi Bai Airport)||08:25 (Hon Gai, Quang Ninh)||400,000 VND|
How to book:
- Tâm Bảo Anh imousine: 093 680 28 02 (Facebook page)
- Co To Limousine: 1900 6772
Last updated: March 28, 2022
Questions and Answers (0)
READ THIS NEXT
Van Don International Airport (VDO) is Vietnam's first privately operated airport serving both domestic and international flights to and from …Read more
Book your cruise
Meet local experts
Call us now: +84 354 64 1421 (Whatsapp)