Halong Bay Weather
Weather in Halong bay: Climate, Seasons, and Average Monthly Temperature.
- Wet season: May to September.
- Dry season: November to March.
- Best times to visit: January to April, October to December.
- Halong is one of the most humid cities in Vietnam with the average annual humidity at 84%, which fluctuate from a minimum of 68% to a maximum of 90% in a year.
Halong Bay has a tropical hot climate, with two very different weather patterns: hot and wet in the summer months, and dry and cool in the winter. Temperatures typically vary from around 10°C - 38°C so it is relatively temperate all year round.
Halong Bay Weather in Fall & Spring (September to November and March to May)
- Lowest temperature: 13ºC
- Highest temperature: 32ºC
- Humidity: 79%-85%
Deciding on the best time to visit will depend on your personal preferences. As many people prefer the cool, dry weather of Spring and Fall, the peak visiting times tend to be from March to April and September to October. During these months, you can expect more sunny days, a cooler breeze and calmer weather. A minor shower is to be expected occasionally, but they rarely last long enough to disrupt visitors' plans.
Halong Bay Weather in Summer (May-September)
- Lowest temperature: 21ºC
- Highest temperature: 38ºC
- Humidity: 81.5%
Summer lasts from around May to September, and in this time, the air is hot and humid. This warmer weather helps create beautiful sunsets, viewable at times when there is no rain or fog. While the promise of summer heat can be tempting, the months of July to September are also the wettest, so visitors should check weather forecasts for signs of severe weather. Temperature high for these months is 38°C.
Winter (November to March)
- Lowest temperature: 10ºC
- Highest temperature: 19ºC
- Humidity: 79.2%
Winter lasts from around November to March. These months are the coldest with temperatures dropping down to 10°C - 20°C on average with a low of 16°C. This is also the dry season, not a lot of rainfall is to be expected.
Thanks to the nature of a closed-sea area, Halong is lucky not to be much affected by heavy storms. The strongest storms on the bay normally are at level 9 and 10, hardly anytime reaching level 11.
Monthly Weather Averages
Weather By Month
Book your cruise
Halong Bay: Questions
Free ITINERARY planning with us!
Planning your trip with our Halong local experts, we will help you with:
- Accomodation: Find the best hotels/homestay or BnB.
- Tours: Connect you to the trusted tour operator in Halong bay.
- Cruises: Find the best cruise on your date!
- It is all FREE