How to Get from Singapore to Halong Bay
The distance between Singapore and Halong bay is about 1358 miles (2186 kilometers). There are two ways to get to Halong bay from Singapore. 1) fly to Hanoi, then take a bus or join a cruise tour to Halong, or 2) join an international ocean cruise that visits Halong bay such as Norwegian Cruise Line or Celebrity Cruises.
- Make sure you check the visa requirements for visiting Vietnam from Singapore before you go.
- Singaporean passport holders do not need a visa to visit Vietnam and Halong bay for 30 days.
|Nationality||Visa requirements||Free Stay|
|Singapore||Not required||30 days|
|Other passport holders residing in Singapore||Visa required (Source)||N/A|
How to get a visa
There are three options for Singaporean citizens (who want to stay for more than 30 days) and other passport holders residing in Singapore to apply for a visa for Vietnam:
- Visit local embassy of Vietnam in Singapore. Address: 10 Leedon Park, Singapore 26788, Phone: +65 6462 5994 (View maps and directions)
- Apply for an e-visa (applicable to citizens from 80 countries)
- Apply for a visa on arrival
There are no direct flights between Singapore and Halong bay, therefore you need to take a flight to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city.
- Costs 3,000,000 VND to 20,900,000 VND ($148-$1098) for a round trip flight.
- Flight duration between Singapore and Hanoi is about 3 hours and 30 minutes (non-stop flight)
|Scoot Air||09:55 SIN - 12:30 HAN - Airbus A320||3h 35m||Non-stop||1,600,00 VND (one-way)|
|Vietnam Airlines||13:05 SIN - 15:25 HAN - Airbus A321||3h 20m||Non-stop||3,400,000 VND (one-way)|
|Vietnam Airlines||16:00 SIN - 18:20 HAN - Airbus A321||3h 20m||Non-stop||3,400,000 VND (one-way)|
|Singapore Airlines||09:20 SIN - 11:40 HAN - Airbus A330||3h 20m||Non-stop||9,800,000 VND (one-way)|
|Singapore Airlines||15:15 SIN - 17:35 HAN - Airbus A330||3h 20m||Non-stop||9,800,000 VND (one-way)|
|Vietjet Air||14:55 SIN - 17:25 HAN - Airbus A321||3h 30m||Non-stop||2,000,000 VND (one-way)|
There are a number of international cruise lines starting from Singapore that visit Halong bay including Royal Caribbean, Azamara Quest and Silversea.
|China, Vietnam & Singapore with Voyager of the Seas (7 Nights)||Royal Caribbean International||Cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore, then Halong bay (Cai Lan Port)||07:00 to 18:30 (11 hours 30 minutes)|
|China, Vietnam, Thailand & Singapore with Azamara Quest (15 Nights)||Azamara Quest||Hong Kong, Singapore and Halong Bay (Cai Lan port)||08:00 to 13:00 next day ( 1 day, 5 hours) Overnight in Halong bay.|
|Asia Cruise with Silver Muse (14 Nights)||Silversea||Hong Kong to Singapore, Halong Bay (Cai Lan)||08:00 to 14:00 (6 hours)|
Last updated: 23 August, 2019
READ THIS NEXT
The distance from Sapa to Halong Bay is about 480km (298 miles). There are a couple of ways to transfer ...Read more
Book your cruise
Halong Bay: Questions
Free ITINERARY planning with us!
Planning your trip with our Halong local experts, we will help you with:
- Accomodation: Find the best hotels/homestay or BnB.
- Tours: Connect you to the trusted tour operator in Halong bay.
- Cruises: Find the best cruise on your date!
- It is all FREE