The Best Places to Go Shopping in Halong Bay
Halong Bay is NOT your typical shopaholics paradise, but there are a few options to keep you going if you have the itch to spend some money. Just make sure you get the best bang for your buck!
1. Halong Market
Halong Market sits in the very centre of Halong City, conveniently close by to a new port that is being built at the time of writing. It’s a colorful and vibrant place, as markets tend to be, full of stalls run by people trying to make their daily hustle. Expect to see fresh fish and meat as well as fabrics, fruits and flowers. Halong Market is a great place to walk around and to try and get some good bargains. Be sure to barter where and when possible!
- Opening Hours: from early morning until 21:15 daily.
- Address: Vạn Xuân, P. Bạch Đằng, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh, Vietnam (Map)
2. Bai Chay Commercial Center
Bai Chay Commercial Center is a market that’s a bit smaller compared to Halong Market. It’s very much a local shopping area, with few tourists so this is the place to go for the authentic Vietnamese shopping experience. Go to Bai Chay Market for fresh produce and cheap clothes. The opening hours vary slightly depending on weather so go early in the morning or afternoon to ensure you have time to walk around.
- Opening Hours: from early morning until 18:00/19:00 daily.
- Address: Đường Anh Đào, Bãi Cháy, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh 202400, Vietnam (Maps and directions)
3. Halong Floating Markets
You’ll have to rise with the sun to get the chance to enjoy the wonderfully fresh fruits on offer at Halong’s Floating Market. Dragon fruit, durian, lychees and mangoes are all available for purchase from around 05:00 until the sun is high in the sky and it gets too hot. Remember to bring your camera for some great photo opportunities.
As these floating markets are housed on small rowboats run by local ladies, they are incredibly nomadic and can usually be found around tourist areas.
4. Vincom Plaza Halong City
A more luxurious shopping experience is offered at Vincom Plaza. This huge shopping center has many international chains as well as some Vietnamese brands. There are toilets, banks, ATMs and popular coffee shops such as Highlands. Prices here will be quite a bit higher than those in the outdoor markets but visitors can easily spend a whole day here, browsing the shops and eating in the food court.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 22:30 daily.
- Address: Vincom Plaza, L3-08, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh 200000, Vietnam (Map)
READ THIS NEXT
Book your cruise
Halong Bay: Questions
Free ITINERARY planning with us!
Planning your trip with our Halong local experts, we will help you with:
- Accomodation: Find the best hotels/homestay or BnB.
- Tours: Connect you to the trusted tour operator in Halong bay.
- Cruises: Find the best cruise on your date!
- It is all FREE