The Best Restaurants in Halong Bay 
Here are some of the best restaurants in Halong bay so you know where to go when you leave your cruise or hotel.
1. Papa’s BBQ
Papa’s BBQ offers an extensive international menu that has something for everyone. All food is freshly prepared and handmade by Chef Van, and is certifiably delicious. The prices are reasonable and the portions are large and satisfying! As an added bonus the restaurant is close to the beach. We recommend trying either steak and chips, or schnitzel with an imported German beer.
- Cuisine: German, Vietnamese, Seafood, BBQ
- Opening Hours: 4:00pm - 11:00pm daily (Open)
- ddress: Cong Vien Road C346, Sun World Area: Road, Bai Chay, Halong Phone: +84 97 554 12 86 (Maps and directions)
2. Cua Vàng Bãi Cháy (Golden Crab)
This is a wonderful seafood restaurant in the Bai Chay area of Halong City. The food is fresh, the service excellent and the atmosphere fun and friendly. There is an amazing selection of seafood, especially shellfish, and you can take your pick from one of the water tanks around the restaurant before having it cooked up totally fresh. We recommend the fresh oysters with wasabi paired with a nice cold beverage!
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hotpot
- Opening Hours: 8:00 - 22:30 daily
- Address: 32 Phan Chu Trinh, Bãi Cháy, Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh, Viet Nam (Maps and directions). There is also a branch in Tuan Chau Island, about 10km from the Halong city center.
3. Linh Dan Restaurant
Linh Dan’s family run restaurant serves some of the best local food around. It’s fresh and authentic tasting, and there are great options for both vegetarians and meat eaters alike.
At Linh Dan the prices are affordable and the atmosphere is inviting. We recommend you try some of the fresh seafood, it’s so fresh and tasty that you’ll probably be back again the next day!
- Cuisine: Vietnamese, Seafood, European, Asian, Vegetarian
- Opening Hours: 8:00am - 9:00pm daily (8:30am - 9:00pm on Tuesday). Phone: +84 91 463 4598 (verified as of Feb 2020)
- Address: 104 Bai Chay Road, Bai Chay, Halong Bay (Maps and directions)
4. Avocado Restaurant
Go to Avocado Restaurant if you’re looking for relaxed ambience and good food. This is an intimate, open-kitchen restaurant where the portions are generous and the servers are friendly and efficient. The menu offers a selection of Vietnamese and European food. Both the food and restaurant interiors are artistically decorated which is a nice touch, and they also serve great cocktails!
- Cuisine: Vietnamese, European, Asian, Fine dining
- Opening Hours: 9:00am - 10:30pm daily.
- Address: C342-343, Old Street Zone, No. 9 Halong Road, Quang Ninh (Map and direction)
- Phone: +84 203 6501 976, website: https://www.avocado.restaurant
5. Wander Station
Wander Station is a popular bar and restaurant with a menu made up of delicious local and international food. The food and drinks are tasty and well-presented, at decent prices and the atmosphere is relaxed. Wander Station is also known for serving fantastic coffee during the day, as well as tasty cocktails in the evening!
- Opening Hours: 6:30pm - 23:00pm daily.
- Cuisine: Asian, Steakhouse, International
- Address: 32 Van Lang Street, Hong Gai Ward, Halong Bay (Map and directions)
- Phone: +84 93 351 86 90Website: https://www.facebook.com/wanderhalong
6. May Corner
May Corner is a fantastic restaurant that will leave you feeling happy and full. It offers a great mixture of local and European food, both of which are cooked to a high standard, but they also specialize in Thai cuisine. There’s also a wide selection of delicious cocktails for when the fancy takes you. We recommend the Thai clams, fried kumquat chicken or roasted mantis shrimp.
Note: May Corner is currently a cash-only establishment.
- Cuisine: Thai, Vietnamese, Europe
- Opening Hours: 9:30am - 2:30pm, 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Address: HO 2-1 Little Vietnam, Halong Marina, Hung Thang, Halong Bay (Map and direction)
- Phone: +84 93 656 88 99. Website: https://www.facebook.com/maycorner.vn/
7. Rock House Pizza
Rock Pizza is a cosy little restaurant that serves good food at good prices. This restaurant mainly serves hamburgers and pizzas. The pizzas are a large size and well-prepared. The service is friendly and staff will do their best to accommodate to your needs.
- Cuisine: American, Cafe
- Opening Hours: 7:30am - 22:30pm daily, closed on Mondays.
- Address: No 12 Van Lang Street Hong Gai Ward, Halong (Map and direction)
- Phone: +84 127 668 8855. Website: http://www.rockhousepizza.com/
READ THIS NEXT
Featuring a complete information about Bai Tu Long bay and a handpicked list of the best cruises in Bai Tu …Read more
In the southeast coast of Cat Ba Island, Lan Ha Bay is a quieter and more pristine alternative to the …Read more
Book your cruise
Halong Bay: Questions
Free ITINERARY planning with us!
Planning your trip with our Halong local experts, we will help you with:
- Accomodation: Find the best hotels/homestay or BnB.
- Tours: Connect you to the trusted tour operator in Halong bay.
- Cruises: Find the best cruise on your date!
- It is all FREE