Halong Bay Private Charter: A Guide To Hiring A Private Cruise In Halong Bay
- Day cruise charter
- Overnight cruise charter
- Local tips
Cruise brands that offer charter service, the price, and whether to hire a private day or overnight cruise are perhaps the things you are concerned about the most when intending to book a charter cruise on Halong Bay.
In general, the price to hire a private cruise varies depending on the route you choose and the type of cruise. The article below will help you to figure out the optimal way to hire a suitable private charter cruise.
Day cruise charter
Top reasons to charter a day cruise
- Day cruise charter is a cost-effective option as it is much cheaper than renting an overnight cruise.
- The day itinerary covers the most famous destinations and typical activities on the bay.
- A day cruise is suitable if you do not have much time to explore the bay or do not want to spend a night onboard.
- Chartering day cruise offers the utmost privacy and a wonderful experience for a large group of 15 people and more.
Types of day cruise charter
If you choose to book a shared day cruise, the fare is pretty cheap and there are also choices for visit only and visit with full service. Otherwise, if you travel in a group of 15 people and more and expect a private journey, you can charter the whole cruise. At present, day cruises are categorized into different capacities such as 48 guests, 72 guests, and 99 guests. A majority of day cruises accommodate 48 guests. Day cruises on Halong Bay provide you with several options on 4-hour, 6-hour, and 8-hour itineraries.
4-hour day cruise charter - route 1
A 4-hour day cruise trip can be taken at different times of the day either morning or afternoon. However, it is recommended to choose morning time to fully enjoy the destinations and spend the rest exploring other places on land. The cruises depart from Halong international port or Tuan Chau international port.
- Itinerary: Halong Bay - Cho Da islet - Dinh Huong islet - Ba Hang area - Fighting Cock islet - Thien Cung cave
- Activities: Kayaking or rowing a bamboo boat, exploring the living area of local fishermen, visiting the cave
- Shared day cruise: 680.000 VND/pax
- Charter cruise: 2.300.000 - 2.900.000 VND/cruise
6-hour day cruise charter - route 2
Choosing a day cruise on route 2 is the top choice for a majority of visitors. You will stop over prominent tourist destinations including Fighting Cock islet, Ngon Tay islet, Sung Sot cave, Titop island, and Luon cave.
- Itinerary: Halong Bay - Fighting Cock islet - Ngon Tay islet - Thien Nga islet - Sung Sot cave - Luon cave - Titop island.
- Activities: Visiting the cave, kayaking/ rowing a bamboo boat, swimming, climbing the mountain.
- Shared day cruise: 770.000 VND/pax
- Charter cruise: 3.200.000 - 4.000.000 VND/cruise
8-hour day cruise charter
An 8-hour day cruise is the longest day cruise option on Halong Bay at present. The rate for hiring a traditional day cruise is much cheaper than that for a VIP day cruise. During the 8-hour itinerary, you will visit Sung Sot cave, the largest and most beautiful cave on Halong Bay, enjoy kayaking in Luon cave, and swim or climb to the top of Titop island.
- Itinerary: Halong Bay - Sung Sot cave - Luon cave - Titop island
- Activities: Visiting the cave, kayaking, swimming, mountain climbing
- Shared day cruise: 1.250.000 VND/pax
- Charter cruise: 4.500.000 - 6.000.000 VND/traditional cruise and 45.000.000 VND/ VIP cruise
Day cruise duration
Shared day cruise
4-hour day cruise
Halong Bay - Cho Da islet - Dinh Huong islet - Ba Hang area - Fighting Cock islet - Thien Cung cave
2.300.000 - 2.900.000 VND/cruise
6-hour day cruise
Halong Bay - Fighting Cock islet - Ngon Tay islet - Thien Nga islet - Sung Sot cave - Luon cave - Titop island
3.200.000 - 4.000.000 VND/cruise
8-hour day cruise
Halong Bay - Sung Sot cave - Luon cave - Titop island
4.500.000 - 6.000.000 VND/traditional cruise and 45.000.000 VND/ VIP cruise
How to charter a day cruise
At the cruise port
In case you want to charter a day cruise to visit Halong Bay, you can buy sightseeing tickets at the ticket counters then contact the manager of the port to rent the cruise.
Hotline: 0987 29 0303
Through travel agencies or tour operators
This option is much easier and hassle-free yet you should ask about the price, and policy, and make comparisons before booking.
Read more Top 11 day cruises in Halong bay
Overnight cruise charter
Top reasons to charter an overnight cruise
- Overnight cruise charter is especially suitable if you are not pressed for time and want to spend more time onboard.
- You could seek the ultimate in privacy and soak up the tranquil atmosphere on Halong Bay.
- Couples and groups of travelers particularly prefer this option.
- Not only can you enjoy water-based activities on site but also multiple onboard entertainments.
Types of overnight cruise charter
Known as floating hotels on Halong Bay, overnight cruises bring you an extraordinary staying experience, especially an indulgent night’s sleep in the quiet anchor area. Overnight cruises for charter are divided into different categories including 3*, 4*, and 5*. Apart from typical activities, many luxurious 5-star charter cruises offer you modern facilities like a bar, a swimming pool, a wine cellar, and a spa.
Overnight cruises with charter service
Type of cruise
Legend Halong private charter cruise
L’Azalee private charter cruise
Au Co private charter cruise
Paradise Peak private charter cruise
Pelican Luxury private charter cruise
Price and how to book
To book an overnight charter cruise, you can contact the cruise directly. The price is subject to availability and date of departure.
- Book the cruise at least 10 days in advance, especially during the peak season of domestic travelers from June to August.
- You should check the booking policy and cancelation carefully.
- Chartering the cruise can be much more expensive at the port so you should book through travel agencies for a better price and guarantee.