A Guide to Cong Tay Island
Cong Tay Island is just a 30-minute trip away from Bai Chay Tourist Wharf by speedboat. As it’s not as well-known as other islands in Halong Bay, Cong Tay offers undisturbed beaches that are perfect for a few days of relaxation.
- Cong Tay Island is located in Bai Tu Long Bay, part of the tour around Ngoc Vung Island in Quan Lan, about 40km off Bai Chay Cruise Port.
- Ships and cruises normally run from Cam Pha to the island in about 90 minutes, about 30 minutes by speedboat.
- It is still mostly untouched and undiscovered by the destructive force of extensive tourism.
While mass tourism hasn’t yet reached Cong Tay, there is still a basic tourist infrastructure: there are a few resorts on the beachfront which are intended for weekend visits and some basic hotels which are ideal for budget travelers.
In general, the facilities on this island are very basic and suit those looking for the ultimate getaway experience - picture yourself relaxing on a white sand beach, reading a book and sipping on coconuts. For many travelers Cong Tay is the epitome of paradise.
Last updated: July 25, 2019
READ THIS NEXT
Book your cruise
Halong Bay: Questions
Free ITINERARY planning with us!
Planning your trip with our Halong local experts, we will help you with:
- Accomodation: Find the best hotels/homestay or BnB.
- Tours: Connect you to the trusted tour operator in Halong bay.
- Cruises: Find the best cruise on your date!
- It is all FREE