February in Halong Bay: Weather and Event Guide
The average temperature in February is higher in January, making it a more comfortable time to travel to Halong Bay.
- Similar to January, February is dry and sunny.
- The average daily temperature is colder than January so remember to bring a jacket.
- A good time of year for many activities but there can be some misty weather.
- There is more rainfall in February than in the previous month but it’s still pretty low.
February Weather in Halong Bay
February continues January’s comfortable weather and, although rainfall may be a little higher, visitors can still enjoy blue skies and lots of sunshine. This kind of weather makes perfect conditions for those who like to embark on a more active Halong Bay experience; cave tours or hiking are two excellent choices for February.
|Month||High / Low (°C)||Average rainfall (MM)||Rainy Days|
|February (2018)||21° / 15°||12 mm||4 days|
Pros & Cons for Visiting in February
- February is cooler than most of the year, providing great conditions for exploring Halong Bay. With comparatively low rainfall, it is unlikely that there will be any disruption to your bookings.
- February provides another great opportunity to experience Halong Bay in the sunshine.
- February is still in Halong Bay’s peak season so it may be busier than other months.
- Colder weather means less sunbathing and more wrapping up warm.
Early February is usually the time when Lunar New Year (Tet Holiday) is celebrated in Vietnam. Many businesses will be shut and restaurants may use a ‘reduced menu’ and add a surcharge to their usual prices. Transportation is very busy at this time as most people travel to their hometowns and government offices are closed.
- Friday, February 12 2021: Tet Holiday 2021
- Tuesday, February 1 2022: Tet Holiday 2022
- Monday, February 12 2024: Tet Holiday 2024
What to Pack
For February pack some warmer clothes and perhaps a raincoat to avoid being caught in the rain. A hoodie or sweater would be perfect! Even though it’s Vietnam’s winter, you should still remember to take sunscreen and other skin protection. A high UV index is possible at any time of the year and you need to protect your body’s largest organ!
READ THIS NEXT
Book your cruise
Halong Bay: Questions
Free ITINERARY planning with us!
Planning your trip with our Halong local experts, we will help you with:
- Accomodation: Find the best hotels/homestay or BnB.
- Tours: Connect you to the trusted tour operator in Halong bay.
- Cruises: Find the best cruise on your date!
- It is all FREE