March in Halong Bay: Weather and Event Guide
March sees subtle changes in season from cold winter to humid Spring. It is a good time to visit Halong Bay nevertheless.
- One of the best months to visit Halong Bay, March signals the end of winter.
- Warmer weather is on its way.
- More hours of daily sunshine compared to previous months.
- The sea starts to warm up in March.
- Humidity and rainfall are both on the rise.
Halong Bay Weather in March
Say goodbye to winter - March is here! In the month of March, temperatures start to climb showing us a glimpse of the warmer months to come. Cold days are unlikely and there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the sunshine. Humidity levels will also climb but they will still be low enough for you to enjoy outdoor activities without getting too hot and sticky.
|Month||High / Low (°C)||Average rainfall (MM)||Rain Days|
|March (2018)||23° / 18°||38 mm||7 days|
Pros & Cons for Visiting in March
- The weather in March is excellent and perfect for most visitors.
- Humidity and rainfall are still low enough to enjoy the broad range of activities on offer in Halong Bay.
- As March has such good weather, it is a busy month for international tourists, keep this in mind when booking your tours and try and book as far in advance as possible.
There are no big public holidays or events in Halong Bay during the month of March.
What to Pack
Warmer weather calls for lighter clothes. Pack t-shirts and jeans or shorts, and bring your swimsuit because a venture into the ocean could definitely be on the cards. The sun in March is stronger than previous months so sunglasses, a sunhat and sunscreen could all be invaluable on a March visit to Halong Bay.
READ THIS NEXT
Book your cruise
Halong Bay: Questions
Free ITINERARY planning with us!
Planning your trip with our Halong local experts, we will help you with:
- Accomodation: Find the best hotels/homestay or BnB.
- Tours: Connect you to the trusted tour operator in Halong bay.
- Cruises: Find the best cruise on your date!
- It is all FREE